Eat to Prevent Sports Injuries
Product Highlight: Chia seeds
Chia seeds may be little but they pack a mighty punch.
These tiny seeds contain tons of nutrients that will help you to recover quicker and stay healthy!
Chia seeds are high in:
- Polyunsaturated fat - helps to decrease inflammation caused by training/competition
- Fiber - helps keep your digestive system on track
- Protein - helps with muscle recovery
- Calcium, Phosphorus, and Zinc - helps to keep your immune system strong
- Mix into oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies
- Sprinkle on salads or toast
- Bake with them - muffins, energy bars, pancakes
Check out one of our favorite products containing chia seeds below!
Nutrition Tip: Healthy Fats
Athletes should get 20-35% of their total calorie intake per day from fat.
Not ALL fats are created equal though - this means that some fats are healthier than others.
Nutrition Tip: Nutrient Timing of Fats
Failing to plan is a plan to fail. Athletes who plan their meals and snacks for competition will have an advantage over their competitors. Today, lets focus on nutrient timing a.k.a the best time to eat protein, carbs, and fats for athletes.